It seems that with the gluten-free movement, almost everyone has a go-to GF cookie recipe. The difference with PM’s recipe is its delicate airiness.
PM’s GLUTEN-FREE MIX
2 Cups GF Oat Flour
1 Cup Rice Flour – white or wheat
1 Cup Tapioca Flour
2 Bowls, large and medium
1 Wooden spoon
1 Melon baller or 1 small spoon
1 Small spoons
2 Cookie Trays, if you have more than one
Oil spray or Parchment paper
PM’s GLUTEN-FREE SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
1.8 Cups PM’s GF Flour Mix
½ teaspoon Baking Soda
½ teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Salt
**See below under “Tips”
1 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
½ Cup Canola Oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients and mix well until everything is incorporated.
3. In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients together.
4. Add the dry ingredients slowly into the mixed wet ingredients while stirring. The dough will look shiny and be slightly goopy. You could add more flour, but then the results cannot be guaranteed.
5. Either spray the cookie trays or line them with parchment paper.
6. Using the melon baller or a small spoon, place small drops onto the cookie sheets.
7. Baking times vary from 13 minutes to 16 minutes, depending on whether you want chewy or crunchy.
Yield: 30+ yummy cookies.
– Always aerate any flour before measuring it. This means to “fluff” it up with a fork or a whisk. This will help guarantee you’ll end up with the right amount of flour, avoiding the mistake of making your baked goods too dense.
– Set your timer for 1-2 minutes shorter than stated in any given recipe to account for temperature discrepancies between your oven and the recipe tester’s oven.
– Open the oven very slowly to avoid deflating the cookies — or any other goodie you are baking!
Post your comments